The Illini Union Art Gallery continues the Illini Union's mission to enrich the lives of students and the campus community through the freedom of expression and the value of each individual.
smart about art
The Illini Union Art Gallery is proud to feature shows from local and national artists, as well as works from university staff, faculty, and students. All shows are intended to represent the diverse spirit of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
ABOUT THE GALLERY
The Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Illini Union in the northwest corner of the building. It is approximately 1900 square feet. The Illini Union serves as the student center for the University of Illinois. The Union provides services daily to thousands of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors to the U of I campus.
ART GALLERY EXHIBITS
- June 2021: Upcycled Book Art by Michelle HaselHorst
Photos and Video to come.
Repurposing old books by turning them into works of art can save a countless number of them from landfills and gives books a new life. A folded book
is an innovative take on a three-dimensional sculpture. An intricate, personalized design makes a great conversational piece.
- April/May 2021: 150 Years: UI Art Creation and Major Art Movements of the World. Virtual Experience via photo and video.
- March 2021: The Eric Show presented by 40North and surrounding High Schools Virtual Experience Video Photo
- February 2021: PANdemIC ENERGY by artist Ralph Roether Virtual Experience Video Photos to come
- November/December 2020: Virtual Experience Photos Video
- October 2020: Virtual Gallery Experience Link
- September 2020: Virtual Gallery Experience Link