Illini Union COVID-19 Testing Location
1401 West Green St
Room 104 (first floor)
M-F: 8am-6pm; Sat/Sun: CLOSED
More information and on-campus testing locations here.
Personal Health and Wellness Steps
- Wear face covering in the Illini Union and Illini Union Bookstore, unless you are FULLY vaccinated.
- Avoid close contact with people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Illini Union Cleaning and Safety Guidelines
- Common areas and high touch surfaces (door knobs, chairs, tables, elevator buttons, bathrooms, counters) will be cleaned and disinfected regularly, including using electrostatic disinfecting machines throughout the Union.
- All events, meetings, and programs will be planned in accordance with the Restore Illinois plan guidelines.
- Elevators are limited to two riders and signage has been added to all elevator doors.
- Floor decals have been installed in all areas where customer lines form to indicate 6’ distance.
- Plexiglass shields have been added to every front-line customer service desk and counters
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Union.
Rec Room Specific Procedures
- All equipment is cleaned and disinfected before opening each day.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the service counter.
- Tables, counters, door handles, and machines will be cleaned on regular schedule.
- Bowling Lanes: Bowling balls are preset at each lane. After bowling, leave balls and shoes at the lane; staff will clean and disinfect the lane, balls, and shoes before renting the lane again.
- Billiard Tables: Only half of the tables are available to promote social distancing. Leave cues on the table, not racks, when games are complete. Tables, cues, and balls are cleaned and disinfected after each use. All cues are cleaned and disinfected each day before open.
- DDR: Only 1 player at a time, social distancing must be followed. Players must clean bars and buttons after each use. No personal items left on or around machines.
- Arcade games: Limit one player per machine unless it is a 2-player game (air hockey, foosball). Air hockey paddles are stored at the counter (customer checks them out) and cleaned after each use. Machines will be cleaned by staff after each use. All machines are cleaned and disinfected each day before open.